- Did You Know?
- Although 80% of the world is covered by water only 1% of it is drinkable and accessible.
- On Average, 50% to 70% of home water is used outdoors for watering lawns and gardens.
- The simple most effective conservation step that can be taken inside the home is to install water efficient showerheads. They provide great showers, yet use 30% to 70% less water.
- Laundry accounts for about 14% of home water use. Adjust the water level on your machine to match the size of your load.
- A leaking toilet will waste 50 gallons per day or 1500 gallons a month.
- A dripping faucet that drips 2 drips per second will waste 21 gallons per day or 630 gallons per month.